Please follow these instructions carefully
- Remove two allen screws holding the blade guard. Remove
- Remove the nut and bold which fastens the rod end bearing
to the upper bracket
- Pivot the cylinder up exposing the holes in the cutter
- Position the cutter and 'spot drill' through holes in
- Drill and tap mounting holdes. We suggest using a #21
drill and a 10:32 tap. Use 10:32 socket head cap screws
to fasten the cutter to the bed plate.
Be careful not to nick or damage blades during installation.
To adjust the stroke of the blane, the rod end bearing may
be turned in or out. Loosen the locking half nut on the rod
end bearing and turn the bearing only 1/2 a turn at a time
and test for proper stroke.
We generally set the top blade so that it 'bottoms out'
where it is half way down the lower blade. Please take care
not to make the throw so long that the top blade bottoms out
on its mounting surface. This will significantly decrease
the life of the blade.