Follow these tips
for maximum belt life
- Follow all procedures detailed in your manual for the initial
heat setting of the Nomex Belt. (This is accomplished at the
factory for all new machines)
- It is important to allow the Heat Press Drum to reach operating
temperature before turning the Nomex Belt.
- Use only the minimum amount of tension required to engage the
belt. Even small amounts of superfluous tension can initiate product
- Initial "threading" of product materials (fabric,
paper, etc) in an even manner is critical. Cut the leading edge
of materials in a bullet or pointed pattern which allows for the
center of the material to make the initial contact with the Drum
- apply equal and outward pressure by hand to the material on
the input table as it moves into the input nip (Thread the fabric
first, then follow with the transfer paper.)
- Zero to minimum tension on the transfer paper unwind provides
for better stability and less rippling feeding into the machine.
(Use the idler roller at the input table forward edge for routing
- Using a dancer type "free" roller at the input table
forward edge (adjacent to the existing idler roller) stabilizes
the transfer paper as it travels over the table and into the nip.
This roller forces any rippling or inconsistencies to remain "upstream"
of the roller. (A standard cardboard core serves well in this
Safety Features Offered to Prolong Belt Life
Many of AIT/Astex
Heat transfer machines are equipped with safety features that
can prevent belt damage:
- If the air pressure of the machine should ever fall beyond the
set threshold, the Nomex belt alignment system has an auto-shutoff
mechanism to prevent belt damage
- Heat press machines equipped with an automatic cool down timer
will allow the heat drum to cool down to the appropriate temperature
to avoid Nomex belt damage.
- Tracking sensors realign the Nomex belt during heat press operation.
If the Nomex belt over travels to one side, the tracking sensors
will disengage the machine.
We also carry new
nomex belts for situations when existing belts are beyond