7900 Heat Press Startup Operation
|CAUTION: Before operating your machine, always be
certain that the infeed table is clear of foreign objects such
as scissors, clipboards, etc. These objects can be drawn into
the machine when it is running and damage the belts and othe
Always start-up your Astex Model 7900 Series Rotary Printer using
the following procedures:
- With the Heaters "ON/OFF" and Driver Motor "ON/OFF"
Selector switches both in the "OFF" position, Press
the "Power On" Push Button to energize the machine.
- Adjust the belt tension pressure regulator so that '0' PSIG
is applied to the Nomex Belt.
- Turn the Heaters "ON/OFF" selector Switch to the "ON"
- Set the Drum's Operating Temperature (Set Point) to 94 C (200
F) by adjusting both the "Primary" and "Outer"
Zone Digital Temperature Controllers. This is accomplished by
use of the up and down keys on the face of the Temperature Controllers.
- When the drum has reached 94 C (200 F), turn the Drive Motor
"ON/OFF" Selector Switch to the "ON" position.
- Rotate the Speed Control Knob to the desired speed (Clockwise
to increase, counterclockwise to decrease)
- Adjust the Belt Tension Pressure Regulator to provide only enough
air pressure to engage the Belt and turn the Drum. If no air pressure
is necessary to engage the Belt, do not apply any additional air
pressure. Note: Never apply more than the minimum amount of Belt
Tension required to engage and turn the Drum.
- Set the "Primary" and "Outer" Zone Digital
Temperature Controllers to the desired operating Temperature Set-Point.
Follow your transfer paper manfacturer's recommendations regarding
proper printer temperature.
- When the desired Operating Temperature is achieved, run sample
prints through the machine. Note: Some minor adjustments in speed
or temperature might be necessary (due to your particular operating
conditions and the type and weight of materials you are using)
in order to achieve the desired results.
7900 Heat Press Shutdown Operation
Your Astex 7900 Series Rotary Printer has an automatic cooldown
feature which shuts the machine off after the drum has cooled down.
When you are ready to turn the machine off at the end of the day,
follow these steps:
The printer will continue to run even though the Drive Motor "ON/OFF"
selector switch has been turned off. The machine can now be safely
left unattended while it cools down and will run for approximately
60 minutes until the cool down timer turns the machine off. If
you would like to use the machine again after you ahve set teh
cool down timer, simply turn the Drive Motor and heat "ON/OFF"
selector switches back to the "ON" position. The will
override the cool down timer.
- Turn the cool down timer knob clockwise as far as it will go
- Turn the Heat "ON/OFF" selector switch to the "OFF"
- Turn the Drive Motor "ON/OFF" selector switch to the